8 Compelling Reasons Why Your Business Should be using the Google Cloud Platform
- The Google Cloud Platform runs on the same infrastructure that serves their Search, Gmail, Youtube and Adwords offerings. This infrastructure is Google’s special sauce - it is what makes Google - Google.
- Google has one of the largest and most advanced computer networks that delivers fast, consistent and scalable performance. This includes their own fiber optic cable under the Pacific Ocean.
- Multiple server centres across the globe provides strong redundancy. Your data is automatically mirrored across storage devices in multiple locations.
- Your application can scale up to handle the most demanding workloads and scale down when traffic subsides - pay only for what you use. For many businesses it’s the scale down that is more interesting, e.g. for a B2B or an internal application, out of hours costs could be very low or even zero, the application will just fire up on demand without any special configuration.
- You get to focus all your efforts on your application, there are no infrastructure costs, server commissioning or hardware/network support requirements.
- There are proven large scale projects that are utilising the platform.
- You can work anywhere where there is an internet connection. It’s disaster recovery built in.
- BigQuery - there is currently a lot of buzz around big data, however, in reality, not many have a need to crunch that much data. But if you do, then the Cloud Platform’s BigQuery gives you easy and on demand access to this new technology.